The Brockville General Hospital Phase 2 Redevelopment Project had its official ground breaking ceremony on Wednesday April 4th.
Guest speakers included:
• Jim Cooper, BGH Board Co-Chair (Emcee)
• Hon. Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
• MPP Steve Clark, Leeds Grenville
• Mayor David Henderson, City of Brockville
• Brian Smith, Vice Chair, Board of Directors, South East LHIN
• Heather Halladay, Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Brockville and District Hospital Foundation.
The $131M project will see a profound enhancement in patient care with all services under one roof!
The Province of Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-term Care is funding 90% of the construction costs on this project. BGH responsibilities include:
• 10% of the eligible construction costs,
• 100% of components of the project that are ineligible for ministry cost-sharing (e.g. Parking, financing costs, space for future use), and
• 100% of the costs associated with the purchase of new and replacement furniture and equipment. All capital projects are “cost shared” with local communities. It is the expectation of the ministry approval process for hospitals to prepare a credible local share plan, identifying the source of funds for the hospital share.
Story and Photos Courtesy Snapd 1000 Islands