Let’s talk about health
The World Health Organization in the Ottawa Charter on Health Promotion stated “health is a resource for living – the ability to identify and realize aspirations, satisfy needs, and cope with the changing environment.” Community agencies and partnerships across Leeds, Grenville and Lanark have ongoing conversations about the importance of health equity in program planning and service delivery. Health equity means everyone has opportunities to have a healthy life and be protected from things we cannot change on our own.
Let’s ask questions about health equity:
- What do people need to be healthy?
- How can we provide what they need?
- Where in the community can they access what they need?
What can you do?
- Learn more about the determinants of health
- Be involved in your community
- Support opportunities that promote health and well-being
- Reflect on your own choices and actions on the health of our communities
The Health Unit’s vision is “Everyone has opportunities to be healthy”…let’s keep the conversation going…
For more information on health equity, visit a www.healthunit.org or call 1-800-660-5853.