Here’s our weekly round-up of all good things, good advice, good feelings. Up this week: Pan-Baked Granola, Personal Theme Songs, Vegan Oreos, and more!
Welcome to The Friday Buzz, our roundup of all good things, good advice, good feelings. It’s the happy hour of blog posts! Up this week: Pan-Baked Granolas, Personal Theme Songs, and Vegan Oreos.
Happy, happy Friday! Whoa, what a week it’s been! I feel like my to-do list just keeps growing and growing, and I can’t keep up! I’m more than certain that we can all relate to feeling a little overwhelmed at times, so I’m going to reveal my secret as to how we can all not just survive, but conquer the day. Now, this has never been revealed before, and you are gaining top-secret access to the world’s best kept secret. You ready? Here it is: GIRL ON FIRE.
Um, what? Excuse me?
“Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys is a song that just pumps me up and has become my personal theme song. Every time I hear it, I muster up the courage to tackle whatever is in front of me and I feel ready to seize the day! I’ve even set my alarm to wake up to it, so it’s the first thing I hear in the morning. Booyah!
So, are you ready to conquer the day? Find a personal theme song. A song that speaks to you and just gets you jazzed about life. Sing it loud and proud for when you need a pick-me-up or just because. Either way, you’ve got this!
Let’s find out what else has helped The Simply Recipes Team conquer life this week, shall we?
OUR FAVORITES FROM THE WEEK
- Coconut Spice and Everything Nice: Megan and Emma may or may not have a slight obsession with the new Bob’s Red Mill Pan-Baked Granolas. Emma loves the Coconut Spice flavor and Megan digs the Maple Sea Salt. Warning: Do NOT keep this at your desk. Very dangerous. (P.S. Bob’s sent them these samples, but their opinions are their own!)
- No beach? No problem! Since Carrie won’t be going to the beach anytime soon, she’s bringing a little bit of the beach to her with Shriver’s Salt Water Taffy!
- Checking off check-lists: The whole team has concluded that it’s extremely satisfactory to be able to cross something off your to-do list. Google Keep is life-changing when it comes to check-lists. Have you tried it?!
- Tip of the day: Oreos are vegan! Yes! Just a little fact we learned from Emma (though there is apparently some controversy). Try the Firework Oreos for the Fourth of July. They have popping candy in the creme which makes them really fun to eat!
- Scales… and not the fish kind: Summer and Carrie both use this kitchen scale. It is a fantastic scale that’s not too fancy schmancy, but gets the job done. Also, Summer loves the pull out display!
- No scrubs: No, not the song from TLC. We’re talking about these heavy duty kitchen cleaning scrubs! Emma swears up and down by them because they just get. the job. DONE.
MEANWHILE ON INSTAGRAM
Everyone is weighing on in how they plan on enjoying delicious summer tomatoes. There really is nothing better than a juicy tomato fresh from the garden! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to make myself a BLT for lunch now…
READER COMMENT OF THE WEEK
We are hot and heavy into grilling season, which means fresh burgers! Troy left us a fantastic comment on our post How to Grill the Best Burgers:
Summer, what a great recipe! We followed the directions and the burgers were awesome. I was shooting for medium – some of them came out medium rare – but there were no complaints – we like pink juicy burgers. I used a bowl that was the right width along with a smaller cup for the dimple to make the patties and that worked perfectly. My wife was a little skeptical but became a believer after her first bite. 🙂 This will be our go-to recipe now for burgers. Thanks!
Woot! I also grilled burgers using that recipe, and it’s really the only way to go!
Cheers to another fantastic week… now, go find yourself a personal theme song! GIRL. ON. FIRE.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.